“All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us” -J.R.R. Tolkien
With the changes to Transport Canada rules the traveling world is opening up again. Currently travelers to Canada are required to use a molecular test (ie. PCR, NAAT (NAT) or RT-LAMP) as proof of a negative result; however, as of March 1, 2022, travelers are able to enter Canada with negative rapid test results. These tests are less invasive and much more cost effective. Currently, the test “must be administered by a laboratory, healthcare entity or telehealth service”; our virtual test would fall under the telehealth option, consider booking your virtual travel tests with us.
With the influx of technology to the market during the season of COVID you might find it overwhelming deciding which tests to use so we have done that research for you. Transport Canada states that the tests must be “authorized by the country in which it was purchased”. Some of the most common Health Canada approved rapid tests are BTNX Rapid Response (green box) and Abbott PanBio; search the Health Canada page to check if a specific test is authorized. If you are purchasing your test in another country you’ll need to ensure that they are authorized in that country. We advise that you obtain your tests in Canada prior to leaving on your trip and keep them with you for return testing; WM Life Centers will sell rapid test kits when supply is available.
For those who have tested positive for covid in the last 180 days Transport Canada allows travel into Canada with the proof of your COVID-19 positive test “10 calendar days [after the result] and not more than 180 calendar days before entering Canada”. If your positive result is approved you would not be required to provide the travel test results to enter Canada or complete the arrival day tests. Many other countries follow the same algorithm for a positive test result but not all, so we advise that you check your destination’s specific travel site to confirm their process.
How to book a virtual test with WM:
- Go to https://lifecenters.ca/book-online/
- Choose “Life Centers Virtual COVID-19 Rapid Test”
- Add up to 3 more people to your Appointment at a cost of 5$ each. If you have more than 4 people requiring the test you will book more than one time.
- Choose the time slot that works best for you
- All times are in Mountain Standard (MST)
- Leave time for results to be emailed – results will be emailed to you within 15 minutes of the end of the appointment
- Continue to payment
- An email will be sent to you with testing instructions as well as a Google Meets link to be used at the time of your booked appointment. Check your junk mail if you do not receive an email confirmation
- 3 clients: add 2 additional person/tests, book one appointment time slot; the cost is 30$
- 8 clients: Select person/test 2-8. Selecting the 5th person will automatically add 15 minutes to your appointment to ensure sufficient time for all tests. Select your desired appointment time. Choose “Continue” and complete the form for payment. Total cost for 8 tests is $70.